Kilimanjaro Trek Season 2024
2024 will be the fourth year that we've run treks to Kilimanjaro. Once again we'll be partnering with our incredible local guides and porters to look after you on the mountain. Thanks for your interest in our treks.
The full cost of the trip is £3200 which includes an initial non-refundable deposit of £350 which secures your place on the trek. The cost includes flights, transfers, hotels, food and guiding on the mountain.
Payment is direct to Breaking Strain unless you have arranged a bespoke payment plan with a charity. One of the Breaking Strain team will be in touch to arrange payment after you have submitted your registration form.
£2850 paid in instalments directly to Breaking Strain Events. Instalment dates are:
- £900: 36 weeks prior to the trek
- £900: 24 weeks prior to the trek
- £1050: 12 weeks prior to the trek
The fundraising route is only by prior agreement between the chosen charity, Breaking Strain and you. In this instance the charity sets the minimum fundraising amount which will be greater than the £3200 operating fee. In this instance the charity will pay Breaking Strain Events in lieu of the participant and then reclaim from the fundraising amount.
There is an expectation that you will provide all your own clothing and your sleep system for the trek. You will be given a comprehensive kit list on sign up which includes all the equipment you will need to successfully undertake this challenge.
You are recommended to purchase travel insurance at the time of, or shortly after, booking. You are responsible for ensuring that all activities you undertake during the trip are covered by your insurance policy including trekking to 6000 metres. This policy should also include a force majeure extension. If you have an insurance policy provided by your bank you may need to provide your account number and sort code instead of a policy number - contact your insurance provider for details.
Breaking Strain require your 24 hour emergency assistance telephone number. This can be found within your insurance policy wording document under ‘what to do in an emergency’, ‘emergency medical assistance’, ‘useful telephone numbers’ or similar.
Vaccinations & visas
Entry to Tanzania requires a valid visa. This can be obtained from the Tanzanian High Commission online in advance of the trip. It is also recommended that you get certain vaccinations before travelling - these will be detailed at the time of sign up.
Please fill in the registration form at the bottom of this page to sign up for the Kilimanjaro trek in 2023.
- There are 3 pages of questions that include the following sections: Personal details, passport, emergency contact details, miscellaneous and medical history.
- The form should take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
- Please have a copy of your passport as you're required to upload a photo of the information page as part of your submission.
- At the end of the form remember to click the 'Submit' button.
- Once submitted you will receive a summary on screen of your submission and also an email with details of your answers.